Published: 21/05/2014 By Elliott RowlandWith competition for property stock as high as ever, Elliott Rowland from our sister company Datography looks at how property photography can you give you the edge over your competitors.
Datography are big believers in how high quality property marketing can help our agents not only sell properties quicker but also win more instructions. We work with many agents in some of the most competitive areas of the UK where prices are extremely high and vendors demand that bespoke service. Now, more than ever vendors expect that bit extra in order to list their property with an agent.
- 87% of people in the UK who bought a new home in 2013 used the internet while house hunting. 100% of these people rated photographs as the most useful tool in their search.
- A property with only 1 photo averaged 70 days on the market, but a property with 20 photos averaged just 32 days on the market.
- If your website and photos look unprofessional, not only are buyers going to find the property unappealing, they are going to assume your service is the same.
- There are now so many properties for sale on websites like Rightmove and Zoopla, a house needs to stand out from the crowd is through stunning photography that catches buyers attention.
- With technology always improving and the introduction of iPad’s and tablet devices, estate agents need to make sure their photographs are of a very high standard to be shown at full screen on these devices.
- The biggest property portals in the country have already released their own apps which show property photography at full screen, making professional photographs more important than ever.
- Within 40 seconds of seeing these pictures a buyer will have already formed their first impression and made up their mind if they want to view or not.
- 87% of buyers now search for their next home on the internet, statistics show they will quickly skip past a property that has poor photography.
- A professional set of photographs will ultimately attract more viewings, leading to a quicker sale.
Visit our website www.datography.com for some examples of our work or contact us if you would like further information.